- TRAFFIC RULES
There are two entrances to the School, Riverside and top gate on Park Street. Whichever you choose to use please refer to the following:
- RIVERSIDE DRIVE ENTRANCE
In order to keep all of our pupils safe, only staff cars are allowed through the school gates. Please you may NOT park in the drop-off/Pick-up area. If you wish to park your car, you must do so on Riverside Drive. You are also asked not to drive IN the EXIT end of the drop-off pick-up area. Please co-operate with the school on this important matter.
- TOP GATE ON PARK STREET
If you use the top gate entrance, please do not drive past the “NO ENTRY” signs. EKWETSEMBENI School entrance is also here; therefore this area must be kept clear.
- TEACHER’S APPOINTMENTS
Our Teachers are always available, but request that you phone the Reception to arrange a meeting so that a mutually convenient time ca be arranged. 404 2465.
- SICK CHILD
It is advisable to take the child to the doctor and then phone the Reception so that a message is sent to the teacher. A doctor’s sick note can then be delivered to the teacher or Reception. (Also refer to page on Infectious Diseases)
- SCHOOL CLOSING AND OPENING TIME
School starts each morning at 7:40 a.m. and until half term in the first term juniors finish at 12:00 thereafter at 12:30 everyday. Seniors finish at 12:50 p.m. (Please make sure that your child is collected on time each day).
- BREAK TIME
Break is at 10:15 to 10:45 a.m. The Tuck shop is normally open at this time, but children are encouraged to bring their own healthy snacks to school.
- LATE COMERS
You must send a letter explaining why your child is late. Children should not be arriving at school at 7:40 BUT should be ready for Assembly. Assembly is held every morning before resumption of lessons. Parents are often informally invited by their children to Assembly on Fridays when their class would be performing.
- UNIFORM RULES
Bearing in mind the variations in temperature in Mbabane both during the summer and winter terms, pupils may choose to wear either summer or winter uniform, BUT MAY NOT MIX THE TWO—e.g. tracksuit pants or may not be worn with summer dress. If in doubt please refer to the school uniform list on the next page.
The length of your daughter’s dress should be such that it just touch the floor when your daughter kneels—this may necessitate your taking up the hem slightly. No t-shirts or vests should be visible when wearing a dress or school shirt.
Only Items On The School Uniform List May Be Worn. Please Ensure That Your Child Is Properly Dressed Each Day
Your son may wear a Navy Blue Short or Long Sleeve Golf t-shirt OR a white buttoned down shirt with the Sifundzani badge neatly sewn on the pocket. No other coloured shirt is permitted underneath. Please ensure that your son’s hairstyle conforms to our school regulations.
- Be on time for school in the morning
- Inform the school if you are unable to attend school.
- NEVER LEAVE THE SCHOOL PREMISES without permission from a teacher.
B. SCHOOL UNIFORM
- Always wear the Correct School Uniform
- No earrings or jewellery to be worn at school
- No make-up or dyed hair
C. MOVEMENTS AROUND THE SCHOOL
- No playing on the slopes anywhere in the school grounds.
- No playing in the toilets during school-time or break-time
- No running in the corridors at any time
- No tampering with notice boards
- No writing on graffiti and desks, walls or buildings
- No bad language.
D. THE HALL
- No eating or playing in the hall during break
- No talking during assembly
- When going back to class after ASSEMBLY walk on the LEFT side of the corridors and stairways.
E. SWIMMING POOL
- Only TEACHERS can supervise at the pool
- Never swim unless a TEACHER is present
Never go to the POOL ALONE OR WITH
F. PLAY GROUND
- Pupils must only play in their elected areas according to Grade Level.
- Access in NOT allowed on the fields during wet weather.
- No throwing of stones or sticks or anything that can cause injuries to others
- No spitting
- No chewing of bubblegum or chewing-gum on school premises
- No toys to be brought to school
- Do not loiter around the office block during break
G. MOBILE PHONES
- Cell phones are not allowed at the school
- There should be NO PHYSICAL OR VERBAL BULLYING of any kind.
- RESPECT for elders. Pupils are expected to be polite to teachers, parents and visitors to the school, and offer assistance where appropriate.
- Homework must be reviewed and signed as viewed by parents to ensure close contact is maintained with the teacher.
* This listing is a guideline to our rule structure and does not intend to cover all our concerns for pupils behaviour